Tuesday, 28 February 2012

Domino book

I am taking part in a domino book swap on UK Stampers and decided to make one for myself - the theme is Paris and is depicted with the pictures in the book and the Eifel Tower stamped on the front I have added some lace trim to the top and the book is secured with some black ribbon

Sunday, 26 February 2012

Altered domino case

After using the dominoes I wanted to recycle the little case - I replaced the original cover with some white fabric using some hessian lace and ribbon from Calico Crafts to decorate
I transferred a picture to cotton fabric and stitched it to the hessian using the crocheted cotton lace as a frame I stitched two layers of the black gathered gingham ribbon underneath the picture and used both lace and ribbon to make a flower with a button centre

Thursday, 23 February 2012

Hessian cone

I used a quarter circle of hessian stitched to some medium weight interfacing and added crochet cotton lace to the top before stitching a seam to make a cone The cone is decorated with fabric images embroidery stitches beads and buttons It is finished off with a ribbon tassel with mini tags and charms and hangs with ribbons threaded through eyelets
The matching tag is made in a similar way - makes an ideal gift

Saturday, 11 February 2012

Key Cabinet

I'm loving the turquoise and burnt orange combination of these papers which are from the vintage autumn papers from calicocrafts.co.uk and covered this little wooden key cupboard after painting with acrylic paints
I took a photo of the box before going on for the grungy look with inks and adding a piece of hessian and covered numeral (Idea-ology) to the apex adding a painted bird from the Tim Holtz adornments and a key on the hesian tag (I'm lovin hessian too) I made some paper flowers from the leftover scraps of paper - dipped them in melted Utee to decorate to the roof space

Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Art Journals

I recently got some Vintage Decor papers from Calico Crafts
http://www.calicocrafts.co.uk/ and used them to cover these albums
I bought a watercolour pad from Aldi £2.49 and cut it in half to make the books - as it was spiral bound I was able to use the original wire binding for one and added one from my stash to put the second together I covered some matboard with the paper and punched the holes with my Cinch
I used mod podge to glue a square of the 7 Gypsies tissue to a frayed square of hessian then stitched around the edges
this was then mounted with brads to a square of Tim's Core-dination cardstock (lightly sanded)
The second jounal has a sponged rusty heart tied with string through punched holes (cropodile) to a scrap of corugated card then mounted to a piece of card