Thursday 12 July 2012

Shabby Chic tray

This tray is the middle sized of a set of three trays from Calico Crafts
I wanted a romantic summer theme and started by painting the tray in pink acrylic paint
When this was dry I dabbed petrolium jelly in places I wanted to look worn then painted two coats of cream acrylic I rubbed the tray with a cloth when it was dry to reveal the pink undercoat giving me the shabby look I wanted
The base of the tray is covered with letters paper, tea-stained doilies, pictures,  rub-ons sentiment and german scrap roses, stuck down with mod podge   Then everything is painted with outdoor mod podge to give it protection   Supplies from Calico crafts


9 comments:

Effie said...

That is one fabby shabby chic tray.... Lovely.

Adele said...

I love it!

fatmonica said...

It's stunning-I love it!

Janette said...

Lovely tray Pat, i have still got the kit you put together for me,to make the Graphic 45 book, hopefully will start it soon. Janette xx

Janette said...

Lovely tray Pat, i have still got the kit you put together for me,to make the Graphic 45 book, hopefully will start it soon. Janette xx

Lorraine said...

simply elegant beautiful and practical

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous - I absolutely adore it!!!

Rosie said...

You've made an ACE job of this tray, and reminded me that I have one in the garage ... somewhere.

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Pat!

Lucy x